For more information, contact Linda Klepaczyk,
Director of Children and Family Ministries ( )
Family Lenten Study - Starts March 10th!!
- Our Inter-generational Lenten Study for families meets Sunday afternoons from 400-530 p.m.
- Everyone is welcome to this study geared for families
- We will pick some stories to read together and discuss as a group
- There will be a brief time for parents to Pastor Tom while kids go to a separate activity
- Each family receives either The Jesus Storybook Bible or The Story of God's Love For You as SFUMC's gift to you.
- Don't worry if you can't attend all the sessions, they are not cumulative.
- Sign Up at the Opportunity Wall in the narthex or in the Parenting Sunday School class.
Do you feel overwhelmed with the thought of adding one more thing to your lives—but also long to intentionally nurture your children’s faith?
- A FREE digital subscription to HomeFront monthly magazine appropriate for families with kids of ALL ages and stages.
- An optional seasonal gathering time for families with kids that are preschool through sixth grade.
- Materials to make or make-and-take at home with your family.Take-home
- Resources that include family time recipes, engaging activities, new family traditions, thoughtful conversation starters and more!
- NEW! Weekly Text with links to HomeFront monthly articles that may interest parents & grandparents to read.
Night In Bethlehem
- A hands-on interactive experience for the whole family!
- Experience Bethlehem during the census, visit shopkeepers in the market place, and learn about their trades.
- Sign your name at the census table in Bethlehem
- Knead some bread dough at the bakery
- Help build a manger in at the carpentry shop
- Write your name in Hebrew at the scribe's tent
- Do a metal rubbing at the metal shop
- Weave a basket at the weaving shop
- Heard some sheep on a hillside near Bethlehem
- Make special keepsakes along the way, sample breads and sweets on your journey and pet the live stable animals.....even camels!
- The evening ends with a live nativity, presentation of the Christmas story and a time of carols. Our next Night In Bethlehem will be in December of 2020!