Our mission statement is "Worshiping Christ, Welcoming All," and as a church, we are committed to making ALL people feel welcome. God has given each of us different gifts and abilities, and this is no less true for individuals with disabilities! For this reason, we are committed to making all people and children with disabilities feel accepted, comfortable and loved in our church - and our children's ministries are no exception. We want all children of all abilities to be involved and to participate as much as they wish! For information on our Accessibility Inclusion Ministry click HERE
- SENSORY BAGS - Sensory Bags are available for check-out during each worship services for individuals who might benefit from them. Each bag contains several sensory items, as well as headphones and a weighted lap pad. Please see an usher at the back of the sanctuary for more information..
- ONE-TO-ONE PROGRAM - We understand that your child and his/her unique abilities may need direct support to participate in our children's programs. Our One-to-One Program provides this support by endeavoring to pairing up a Safe Sanctuary-trained member of our church with your child to meet his/her specific needs. Many of these individuals have extensive experience in supporting children with special needs, and they sometimes work in a team format so someone is always available for support.
- We will do our best to find your child "buddy" that will be committed to supporting your child as much as possible as they participate in our programs.
- If you believe your child may benefit direct support through our One-To-One Program, please contact Linda Klepaczyk, Director of our Children & Family Ministry to set up a meeting. Keep in mind, this process may take some time, as we want to set up your child with someone who will make him/her (and you!) comfortable. We are so excited to meet your child and learn alongside them as they grow in faith!
- Workout Buddy - Someone available to come along side a child to help them get the most out of our Cross Training workshops during the Sunday School hour.
- Worship Partner - Someone available to sit with a child and their family during the worship service, and then accompany the child to W.O.W. or Godly Play.
WHAT EVERY CHILD SHOULD EXPERIENCE
Children are born with an innate sense of wonder and faith that is genuine and real. As parents, teachers and leaders, our role is to provide a foundation of experiences on which children build a life of learning and growth toward a mature and vital faith. The following documents outline the goals for children at many stages of development and give parents and caregivers a guide to what concepts and stories children are covering in various programs of our church, as well as what families should try to cover additionally. While this can be overwhelming, we hope it serves as a helpful guide!
(Click on age level to view pdf)